Visa is basically an authority given by the government to the person, to enter, stay and leave other countries within a specified duration of time. Applying a tourist visa for the first-timers may be a little bit hectic specially in Europe. In this article, we are providing you some essential information about the Schengen visa.
Schengen visa lets the tourist take an entry, internal traveling and leaving the Schengen area from any of the Schengen countries ( within Europe ). It allows you 90 days to stay within the duration of 6 months in the Schengen area of Europe. There are 26 countries i.e the Schengen area are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
For which Country you need to apply for Visa?
Know about your destinations, you should have to apply for that country in which you are going to stay the maximum number of days, regardless your tickets are booked to another country. Since you need an entry stamp just once from any airport. And if the number of days is equal then you should apply for that country in you are going to visit first.
How to apply for Schengen Visa?
1. Make sure about the type of visa you need in order to your visit. Though we are talking about a tourist visa only in this article. (Best Electric Chainsaws)
2. Figure out the country for which you want to apply.
3. Take proper time to lodge your visa, the earliest is 3 months and the latest is 15 days.
4. Be prepared with all the required documents.
5. Get an appointment at the embassy to the destination, country.
6. Visa interview will be taken.
7. Pay for the visa.
8. wait for their response.
How much Schengen Visa Cost?
It costs around 4400 INR or 60 euro for adult furthermore 2600 INR or 35 euro for children between age 6 to 12 years.
How many days does it take to get accepted?
It generally takes 10-15 business days excluding Saturday, Sunday and any other national holidays. However, if you have a good travel history then it will take only 3-5 days.
THE MANDATORY DOCUMENTS FOR SCHENGEN VISA:
- 2 passport size photos must be taken within the last 3 months. Fulfilling the visa criteria photo i.e colored, the dimension should be 35x45mm.
- A valid passport. It should not be older than 10 years. and valid for more than 3 months to your total stay in during the trip.
- Itinerary: It should provide all the reservations throughout your trip, like the flight tickets, the internal transport you are going to use. NOTE one thing that the embassy will ask for the reservation only not the confirmed booking so you can show the dummy booking. Dummy booking can be handled by the agents you can concern to them. Actual booking might be risky in case you are unable to get your visa. They charge a heavy cancellation fee or no refund at all.
- Accommodation details: You have to share all your hotels’ bookings, rental agreements.
- Financial means: Basically, these are the proofs of your financial stability. That will show and confirm that you are financially stable for this trip.
You have to show some documents as Financial Means as follows :
- Bank statements: You will have to show the bank transactions you have made in the past 6 months. Your bank balance should be consistence from 6 months with at least twice or thrice the amount of which you will need for your trip.
- Sponsorship Letter: If you are a student or going to visit your friends and relatives, then you will need a sponsorship letter. This letter is written by the person who is going to bear all your expenses and will support you financially.
Other Documents Required :
- NOC or leave permission from the company.
- Job letter.
- Salary slips 6 months older.
For business person:
- Business license.
- Bank statements
- Income tax return.
FOR RETIRED TOURIST:
- Pension slip.
- Enrolment letter of college/university.
- Leave application.
Along with all these documents, you will need one more that is a cover letter. Basically, a cover letter is a brief about your self, information, and purpose of visit.
Although, All these documents are sufficient to get your Schengen visa if you want to make your chances high for getting a visa then note these points.
- If you are going for a honeymoon or wedding anniversary then you can attach your marriage certificate along with all the documents mentioned above.
- If you have some properties like flat, land or house you can show them the registry.
I hope, now you will get all the information for the visa application.
- Click here For Indian Visa